Sunday, August 15, 2010

13 Years!!!


Well tomorrow is our wedding anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 13 years. Sometimes it seems like we have been married forever and other times it seems like it was just the other day. A lot has happened for us since we got hitched. We have four beautiful children, Blake has an awesome job, and thanks to that job I am a stay-at-home mother/part-time student.


We met at the CRC Institute. He came in and the first thing I saw was that he was carrying a motorcycle helmet. I think that riding motorcycles (bullet bikes) is totally hot. Not to mention that he was hot as well. So, since I knew the secretary really well she was able to look up his info for me (side note-I didn't ask her to do so, but I was glad for the info). I decided that I wanted to date this boy so I left a note at the institute for him. I wanted to know if he would go to a formal church dance with me. When I actually got to talk to him on the phone I made a slip-up and metioned his birthdate. He asked me how I knew and and at that point I was busted. I had already learned so much about him before I ever talked to him. I knew his full name, address, parents names, where he went on his mission, etc. I had to convince him that I wasn't a stalker. We ended up going on the date and that was it for me! I just kept falling more and more in love with this boy!!! That was in early 97. We were married on August, 16th 1997.


We have had our ups and downs as many couples have but I believe that the ups definitely outweigh the downs. Blake is my best friend and I will love him throughout all eternity. I love him more today than when I married him 13 years ago. He is such a strength for our family. I cannot imagine my life without this wonderful man by my side. He is my everything!!!

2 comments:

Brandi Raye Turner said...

I loved reading this... it's always fun to know how people end up together. I'm cracking up that you'd totally scoped him out first : )

I'm glad you liked the pics from Tali's party! I debated back and forth whether I should post pics of any other kids; I never know if someone will be offended, even though only my mother-in-law (and I guess you, too!) actually looks at my blog. I have some pictures where I've added the kids names, and those I obviously kept private. I can email you the cute pictures of Spence. May I keep the picture of you up? If you want, I can move it to the private section- I just wanted to be sure to include you and that's the only picture I have of you! Hope you're having a nice day without the kiddos...

Kaylee and Ryan Parkinson said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are too cute, i loved hearing how you two found each other. Hope you guys enjoyed your special day!